Sunday 26 February 2012

WHY WOMEN SHOULDN'T PLAY SNOOKER

Not these women, obviously
The Old Girl and I played pool last night. She is quite good at it and enjoys the game. Getting her to play snooker though has allways been a hassle. "Its too complicated" she would say or "It takes too long". The best is "you are mean and hide the white ball behind the colours just like you used to do when we played croquet" The last refers to the large garden and lawns we had at our Christchurch house where we had a croquet lawn. I used to knock her ball out of play into the rose bushes.

See here

Last night I taught her how to play snooker. It went generally well but she would get distracted like when The Killers 'Human' song was playing, she had to dance to it. "You can't not dance to this song" she reasoned!

Same song, different occasion. The Old Girl on right dancing with her mother
So, the game was held up while she 'danced', even cajoling me to loin in at the slow bits.
Back to the game. I can't work out why she can't find tunes on the i-pod to play when it is my turn. No she decides to do that when she is supposed to be playing her shot - so, the game is delayed each time. "Thats very unfriendly" is the frequest protest when I snooker her although when she snookered me on two occasions I didn't hear a murmer from her (maybe the odd silent snigger).

The good news is that even though she lost the game she is keen to try again so we can make proper use of the table. Snooker is a much better game than pool.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Women don't understand how games work, and they don't take it seriously enough. Consequently, if they do win, they can't savour the victory like a man does.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Women don't understand how games work, and they don't take it seriously enough. Consequently, if they do win, they can't savour the victory like a man does.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

"even cajoling me to loin in at the slow bits."

Kinky!!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I noticed the typo but then thought it apt so left it.