Wednesday 23 October 2013

BOILING

I don't think I'll like winter here in Toronto.
It's not because I don't like the cold - quite the opposite in fact. I've always preferred too cold to too hot and love the snow and mountains. When it's cold you just dress accordingly.



I've got a store of winter clothes, some brought from NZ and others purchased here which I'm looking forward to wearing.

The trouble is that in cold cities people tend to overcompensate in public buildings. Shops, train stations, trains, buses and commercial buildings all have heating going full blast because it's cold outside. This makes no bloody sense as it is generally heated to way above it would normally be in the other seasons and everyone coming inside already are dressed for the cold. On arrival the layers of clothing topped off by coats, gloves, hats and boots tend to make people overheat.




Already (Autumn) the buildings are hot to the point of tee-shirt and shorts being required. I'd rather put up with the cold outside and dress for inside conditions. This unfortunately won't be feasible in winter when it's double figures below zero so I'll just have to stay outside a lot.


No comments: