Thursday 22 January 2015

THESE BASTARDS ARE TRYING TO KILL ME # 2


Click on this:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&v=iqakVhE8HYo&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-cl=84359240&list=PL1rWCDNqC548vW5xKkctCxqPMqtaIfcyT


Notice anything about this ad that is being given prime-time exposure on TV?

Yes, this dick is driving on the right hand side of the road which is particularly scary when going around corners.

Sure you might say, Volvo is a European car and this is a European (or American) ad.
OK, but why fucking well show it on New Zealand TV then? We drive on the left hand side of the road (or at least some of us do). Using this ad in its unadapted format is arrogant in the extreme. I'm really amazed that some advertising standards watchdog hasn't picked up on it. Well, really I'm not surprised as advertising standards in New Zealand is a voluntary standard and the advertisers know that, when advertising dollars are short for TV channels that they can get away with anything.

Bastards!

Which brings me to my theme.

Bastards on the road trying to kill me.

A whole lot of bleeding hearts are disputing the necessity for either banning overseas drivers from our roads or making them sit some sort of test before letting them behind the wheel. A lot of these have vested interests in encouraging tourism and sweep the issue under the carpet. I bet that none of them have come around a corner to find a bloody great campervan coming straight at them on their side of the road.



Now I heven't had a near miss with an overseas tourist but I have had a near miss with someone travelling on the wrong side of a dual carriageway.

It's not bloody funny.

I'm not talking about drivers overtaking and bearing down on you although that's happened to me many times.
The most recent of these was a couple of months ago in Northland when a crazed c**t driving a hotted up red Holden (you can get the picture) was on the wrong side of the road, sweeping around a blind corner, on the other side of double yellow lines - travelling extremely fast well over 100kph.
I was in (yes, I know) a campervan driven by a friend. Fortunately he had his wits about him and managed to hold the road with two wheels in the gravel on the left. The red car missed us by a whisker, clipping the wing mirror in the process.
I remember seeing the Holden driver's eyes - he was almost in our front seat - and they were crazy. Drug induced craziness. Probably 'P'.



Bastard!

The dual carriageway incident was a few years ago in Manukau.
There's a dual carriageway (double lines each way) with a grass strip down the middle - kind of like the Porirua motorway. I was driving along in the outside lane and crested a hill to find a car bearing down on me, in my lane, travelling extremely fast. Fortunately there was no-one at that point in the left lane so I moved left just in time as the crazy bastard went by just missing me. I remember his eyes - you get the picture? Yes, he was just about in my front seat. Yes he was drug affected. Yes probably 'P'.



Bastard!

Now I'm no saint. I speed, or at least used to. I've done some risky overtaking movements (no longer).
When driving in France and Italy I've gone around roundabouts the wrong way.

Bastard!

Yes, I agree. I should have been made to sit a test before sitting behind the wheel (on the left side of the car).



2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good you've got that off your chest (again).

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm no saint..
I'm not a saint would be more grammatically correct.