Wednesday 19 November 2008

BACK IN BUSINESS


The Old Girl suggested that I do something to earn money again.

I gave up my full-time job (again) on Friday 31 October. Her suggestion came on Saturday 1st November having given me almost a day of holiday. She went shopping and came home with the idea of a local business to buy. We looked it up on Trade Me and rang about it to discover that it was the wrong one, this one in another suburb. Over the last two weeks I have researched the businesses and decided to buy both of them and combine them (after all Robert has two sheds). I bought both today. Now I have to learn the Trade. I could do with Robert's handyman skills (and his sheds). I'd ask Richard for advice but that shelf he made looks a bit dodgy.

Oh - The businesses are Picture Framing.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Congrats, ciyp! Hey, that shelf I built is doing fine! So, tell us more, what sort of business? Advice for other pensioners?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"fuggou"

is the word verification.

Quite apt I thought.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Might as well be cement. What the hell are you saying, ciyp?


word verification was "sillyolddick"!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me!

word verification ... 3shidsbabe

Richard (of RBB) said...

Are you going into business with the wine guy?

ps. word verification: chardon

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes. Funny you surmised that.
Curmudgeon will operate the picture framing business and The Wine Guy will use the shop as an office for his wine consultancy.

Richard (of RBB) said...

We'll, I wish the both of you the best of luck!



word verification was "drunkframer"!