Friday 27 March 2009

HAPPY HOLIDAYS







We went up to our holiday house at McLeod Bay Whangarei Heads the other day to do some maintenance and tidy up the gardens. We have had it rented out for the last year and the tenants (good ones) have finally finished building their own house. We plan to go up there for Easter in a couple of weeks. The Old Girl needs a break so she is planning to make a whole week of it. I will go up on Friday and come back Tuesday night as I have to open the gallery on Wednesday. We didn't have a Christmas break with both of us working so this will be our Summer holiday.



Its nice up there. We are right by the water so can swim and kayak and Mount Manaia is close which has an excellent walking track.



There is no telecommunication so I won't be able to check if Richard has found another friend for his Bass Book. Poor guy he will probably be lonely as his only friend Jesus will be a bit busy at Easter.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Jesus said that he likes to stay away from the whole Easter thing... too many bad memories of smart arse Romans and bloody Judas. Have a nice break - I'll struggle along without your regular insults.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"I'll struggle along without your regular insults."

I prefer to see them as little pieces of advice that can be helpful to you.

ps. If Jesus wants a break we have plenty of room at the 'bach'.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Jesus says thanks. Oh, and he blessed you.

THE WINE GUY said...

Sorry I didn't get up there. There were a few pregnant barmaids I had to be rude to.