Saturday 2 May 2009

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER


I'm off to a Picture Framing conference in Rotorua for the weekend. This will be a bit of a change to my routine. I used to travel a lot in my previous employment and conferences were de rigueur.
I will hopefully learn some more about the business and make some useful contacts. I don't expect the social side of things to be riotous - not like the wine industry ones I 'm used to. Those involved all sorts of shenanigans. This one will involve people wearing socks and sandals and wearing funny cardigans. Perhaps we'll get a cup of tea and a wine biscuit afterwards. Rotorua is a nice place but I bet it won't have all the bells and whistles that the overseas conferences had - Pebble Beach golf games, race car driving, Hollywood mystery tours, winery and vineyard visits - that's a thing of the past. Like me I guess.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I don't know. You can always play pass the frame.

Anonymous said...

Comeinyourpants,
I was thinking of going to that myself because it sounded interesting.
The Insignificant Guy

John Locke said...

I once made a picture frame.

Anonymous said...

How do you make a picture frame?
Get it to marry someone named Janet.

- The Pathetic Humour Guy