Tuesday 19 May 2009

OOPS I'VE BEEN RUDE

As a kid, going to Confession I had to plan out what I had to say to get my money's worth and to not waste the Priest's time. This invariably involved admitting to a few Sunday Mass misses, some swearing and once to spice things up, adultery. He did ask for clarification on this and I told him I had been 'rude' in the bushes with Heather, the neighbourhood 'good-time girl'. I was about 10 and Heather 11 so she was much more experienced and must have lead me astray.

Being rude nowadays has a different meaning and is de-rigeur and while I don't have to confess it it still makes me feel a bit guilty. On Sunday morning a door knocker turned out to be a National Party canvasser raising awareness for Melissa Lee and John Key for the Mt Albert by-election. When he told me this I said 'good luck'. He seemed pleased until I followed it up with 'you'll need it'. I told him that Lee was hopeless, that the Nats showed bad form by putting her up ahead of their last candidate and that I don't vote National. After he had gone I had a twinge of guilt at my rudeness but when recounting the story to The Old Girl I also regretted not telling the guy that I didn' t want Key to represent me as my Prime Minister anyway so didn't appreciate the canvassers saying that they were representing Melissa Lee and John Key.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You were way out of line! Some people might have simply told him to fuck off, but you presented personal opinions! Say three Hail Marys and ten Our Fathers. Go now, my son,eoxida and don't be rude again.

Richard (of RBB) said...

ps. 'eoxida' was part of my word verification that seemed to get typed in the wrong place. Sorry, how rude of me!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Stiotte!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Testa di cazzo!