Sunday, 26 July 2026

DTs?

 


I don't think I've got that but I do have the shakes.

I fitted a security camera to the outside of the house today. I installed it on the edge of the second floor balcony, See here:


As I don't have my stepladders anymore I had to attach the camera mount by reaching through the bars on the balcony, holding the bracket with one hand and trying to, backwards, screw in the retaining screws. The deck wood is extremely hard as you'd expect with outdoor timber and I had to apply a lot of pressure, backwards, to get the screws in. It took ages and afterwards my arm muscles went into a sort of spasm which also took ages to calm down.

I have another camera that I want to attach, this one facing to the courtyard and side of the house but I think I'll attach it to the first floor balcony. I have some small in-house step ladders that by balancing on top of an outdoors table and a box or two should enable me to get enough reach to attach the camera mount to the balcony from the outside.

What could possibly go wrong?


9 comments:

Rob said...

What could go wrong? Severe trauma. Lasting inexplicable pain.
I put my camera back up today to cover the front section (after my fall). I carefully laid plywood then also carefully extended my newly purchased 'trade' quality ladder to stand firmly leaning against the house. The risk is not in falling off the ladder. It is in the ladder toppling. Be very careful out there. I still have a strange pain in my heal whenever I get up after resting.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I thought that, for Christians, God heals all.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK.
I’ll put a mattress down.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I’m surprised too as it seems that Robert has two heals when most people only have heels. You’d think that with that advantage he’d have mended quickly.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I affixed the second camera to the lower balcony without mishap.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Why wouldn't Miss Hap help?
Lazy bitch!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You have to tell your grandsons to provide you with better jokes.
Since they moved to the ‘Nui their standards have slipped.

Richard (of RBB) said...

At least they're not living where thorns make an unpleasant sound...

Thorn din.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Your 'jokes' are nearly as bad as Trump's.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world-news/361011091/trumps-sex-joke-falls-flat-white-house-press-dinner