Sunday 14 November 2010

AND THE CURMUDGEON IS CURIOUSLY SILENT...

... so said TSB in his latest Post. Better than being silently curious I suppose. What's wrong with being silent I ask? In the world of double bass solos I'm sure you would all agree that it is a blessing.


Meditation (transcendental or otherwise) rests on the principle that a daily half hour of dedicated silence reduces stress levels. It has proven benefits of lowering heart pressure and can actually enhance ones sex life (not entirely unrelated to the fact that most people in the classes run are women of a certain age and disposition - Ed.)





Silence is also said to be Golden so, once the old heart pressure is reduced along with stress levels a bit of the old acquisition could be in order.


As long as you don't rob the Deaf Institute as you could get arrested.




4 comments:

Nicola said...

Three days without posting is hardly silence, unless of course you were Richard (of RBB).

Anonymous said...

I like person in the photo that needs a bottle of water as she meditates!I thought the idea was to relax.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'm with you on that one Second. What is it with these twits who carry a water bottle around all the time. You'd think that they were in a bloody desert.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I can remember when bottled water came onto the market. Most of us then thought it to be a waste of money.
"Pay for what comes free from the tap?"
Until I was in London, and tasted their tap water. Now I understood why there were so many sales in England.