Thursday 18 November 2010

CREATING A MONSTER

Or a Cookie Monster to be precise.

The Old Girl gave me a simple recipe for biscuits so each week I have been making a different flavoured batch. Butterscotch, Caramel, Raspberry, Chocolate-Fudge, Strawberry, White Chocolate and Raspberry - basically anything in the cupboard or that can be purchased as instant dessert flavouring. I suggested using up the surplus vegetables that I've grown particularly the lettuce and spring onion. I was told that that was silly and that my cookie-making prowess would be in danger.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you! Lettuce is obviuosly a non starter though. Spring onions work in an Omelette. Maybe some herbs like sage , mint, thyme...

Nicola said...

I don't think the world's great food and recipe innovations were made by always sticking to the instant dessert flavourings in the pantry.

I vote for experimentation, especially when Richard comes to visit.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

(Oops, sorry previous comment had some terrible spelling errors. It had to go)

For God's sake man, get a grip. Men don't make cookies, men make things; like tables, shelves, chairs and weapons of mass destruction.

If you're so bored you really feel an unstoppable urge for culinary creation (see teachers of English, alliteration. Who said computer teachers were illiterate?) then use man flavours. Beer, mustard, sweat or wood.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Stop making these bloody biscuits.
No one wants a lettuce biscuit.

Nicola said...

TSB, For God's sake man, get a grip, this is the 21st Century. A man can make cookies if he wants. I realise things in Upper Hutt are a bit slow, but you need to be in touch with the social movements of the greater society.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I'm sorry Nicola, you've forgotten that NZ is not yet in the 21st Century

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"No one wants a lettuce biscuit."

Don't knock it until you've tried it.
A favourite toasted sandwich filling of mine is tuna and banana. Once when I was all set to make one I discovered that someone had eaten the bloody banana so I used grated carrot with the tuna instead. It was really nice.