Friday 17 December 2010

FRY UP

I sampled a bit too much of The Wine Guy's new wine acquisitions last night and am feeling a bit jaded this morning. There's nothing for it but to employ the good old remedy - a fry-up. As The Old Girl is away I can do this without the 'tut-tuts' and disapproving looks. Some sort of savoury, fatty and non-PC food is always the answer after a night out. Sausage rolls and meat pie sales must benefit greatly the morning after major sporting events. I'm going to pre-cook a large potato, chop it and fry until golden brown. (The result will look better than this web photo.).

I won't go the full hog - (I've cut out eating bacon) and will have a poached egg on toast with them.

1 comment:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

The fried spuds sound good. But a poached egg on toast?

I hope you have at least the good sense to smother the whole thing with Hollandaise Sauce, or at least melted cheese, and where's the sausages, dripping in caramelised onions?

Goodness, I'm hungry now.

Don't forget to carefully scrub all evidence out of the frying pan, and thouroughly ventilate the premises to remove all suspicions of "pigging out"

A good cold shower and a brisk walk will remove the jaded feeling just as well.