Thursday 23 December 2010

BROTHERLY LOVE


My sister sent some photographs with the christmas parcel that arrived today. One of them was this one of my brother and I as children. He is the older, taller one. We wore matching outfits. His motif was a dog. Mine was a cat which sort of fitted in our choice of pets. We are standing in Liardet street in Vogeltown outside our house. Today if you tried to do that you'd probably be mown down by traffic. Mum liked this photo (one of a series - subsequent ones showed me sticking that flower up Terry's nose) and said it was good that we got on so well together. She was unaware that at other times he would be chasing me with a stick and I would be hurling rocks at his head. Ahh brothers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have sworn that was Richard and Chris. Amazing how it shows the fashion of the time.

THE WINE GUY said...

A good observation Second. I noticed in some of Richard's postings of old family photographs, similarities in some of ours - stance, dress, attitude etc. I guess this is culture.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, nice photo.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Awww, how cute you both look.
I've got pictures of my brother and I taken on holiday in Scotland that look frighteningly similar (except I'm much more handsome, but with big stick-out ears).
Maybe it's the monochrome photography that evokes the similarity?