Saturday 25 December 2010

HO HO HO..

... he thinks he's talking Indian.
No no no, there's no way we'll let him in...




Merry Christmas.
We woke this morning and opened presents. Nice sensible things except for the fibre optic pohutakawa flower I bought for the Old Girl. I like my Soda Stream machine. I can't wait to try it on Chardonnay.
Kathleen Battle's Grace is playing in the background and there is communal breakfast cooking going on (we have three friends staying). We are all set for a day of preparation for the big dinner (roast ducks and vegetables. trifle, home made plum pudding etc.. with lots of yummy wines. This to be followed by a snooker challenge and maybe a play station Tiger Woods golf challenge. It will be a good day. It is a bit overcast and cool at present but I'm sure that it will warm up. I went for my first swim of the season yesterday - lovely, and will probably have another one today. We may go to Ocean Beach (a magnificent surf beach nearby) and frolic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it went well. It's a special one when it all works out like you expect like our's did.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Good to hear Second. Ours is still happening. We have yet to have dinner having enjoyed some drinks and games and are watching Tutti Frutti (the classic Scottish series with Robbie Coltrane) on video,.