Wednesday 15 June 2011

A DAY AT THE RACES

Have you ever been to a horse racing meeting? Regardless of whether you like horses or not, agree with gambling or not or are generally just a miserable bastard, a race meeting is full of fun and spectacle and deservedly has a place in our society. OK, I know that horses get hurt, shot and turned into dog tucker but I prefer not to think of that. I know that there are losers.


But there are also winners.


Unfortunately some politicians.


But balanced out by good people.


Come along and have a good time. Bring Money.

4 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

No.
Stop.
You're completely and utterly wrong.
Race meetings are unspeakably boring.
Oh, look, horses racing.
Oh, I wonder what's going to win?
Oh. It's a horse.
How surprising!
The only thing more unspeakably boring than a race meeting is a professional learning meeting at a school at 8 f*cking 15 in the f*cking morning.

Anonymous said...

I liked that comment.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Agent Comeinyourpants, I hope you're doing other advertising besides this blog because only about four people read this blog.

Good luck with the fundraiser - a day at the races CAN be fun.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I also advertised in the 'Double Bass Players Monthly' magazine. I'm expecting a huge response.