Saturday 19 January 2013

FROM THE BLACKSTUFF





The outstanding Boys From The Blackstuff aired on TVOne in the '90's and I don't think it has been repeated. It would be one of the top 20 drama series shown even surpassing the excellent Auf Wiedersehen Pet. I think I'll have to buy the DVD series if it's available.

The local blackstuff boys laid new sealing on our road last week. As cars go along the road the tyres push loose gravel into the gutter. Yesterday and today I have been scooping this up into a barrow and dragging it home to seal our driveway.



Gravel is bloody heavy and our driveway is steep so after about 20 barrow-fulls I'm stuffed.

The top of the drive looks better though. The smaller gravel stones cover up the hellishly sharp granite chips that the previoius owners laid and will be easier to walk on.


5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Sounds about as interesting as living channel.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I hate typing in all those numbers to prove i am not a Robert

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

lynerc785

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Here's a suggestion Robert.
Ignore the boring part of the blog-post and refer to The Boys From The Blackstuff.
Watch on the web or buy and watch the series. I guarantee that you will be amazed and uplifted.

Tracey said...

Giz us a job - I can do that ...