Wednesday 9 January 2013

RICHARD HOKUM ....


..... is back home apparently.

We'll learn of his exploits soon via one of his many blogs.

Hokum?
I imagine you wondered as I have what it means so I looked it up in Thesaurus:

Well I don't know about you but to me this seems pretty apt. I agree with everything said (except I think that 'cant' is  misspelled).


Noun1.hokum - a message that seems to convey no meaninghokum - a message that seems to convey no meaning
subject mattercontentmessagesubstance - what a communication that is about something is about
absurdityabsurdnessridiculousness - a message whose content is at variance with reason
amphigorynonsense verse - nonsensical writing (usually verse)
balderdashfiddle-faddlepiffle - trivial nonsense
buzzword, cant - stock phrases that have become nonsense through endless repetition
cobblers - nonsense; "I think that is a load of cobblers"
crock - nonsense; foolish talk; "that's a crock"
fa lafal la - meaningless syllables in the refrain of a partsong
gibbergibberish - unintelligible talking
unintelligibilityincoherenceincoherency - nonsense that is simply incoherent and unintelligible
jabberwocky - nonsensical language (according to Lewis Carroll)
mummeryflummery - meaningless ceremonies and flattery
empty talkempty wordshot airpalaverrhetoric - loud and confused and empty talk; "mere rhetoric"
rigamarolerigmarole - a set of confused and meaningless statements
schmegeggeshmegegge - (Yiddish) baloney; hot air; nonsense
hooeypoppycockstuff and nonsensestuff - senseless talk; "don't give me that stuff"
baloneybilgewaterboloneyboshdroolhumbugtommyrottoshtwaddletaradiddletarradiddle - pretentious or silly talk or writing

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry I missed your call last night - I was fast asleep. I started doing a summary of the 'tour' blog but they've changed the bloody set up and I can't put pictures on my blog. What do you know about this?
Hokum is a style of violin bowing...
da da dee da da dee da da dee da da dee da da dee da - sort of a 3 feel over 4. It's used in Bluegrass.