Saturday 2 March 2013

DODGY TRANSLATIONS



I travelled up North on the bus as usual and an Italian tourist sat next to me.

She made conversation in broken English (don't you just love that Marianne Faithfull album from 1979?) so I decided to try out some of Richard (of RBB's) phrases.

I told her that I have a friend who speaks Italian and I said "Va a fatti fottere".
She looked at me oddly a moment and then said "I don't think you meant that, perhaps you meant to say Va a farti fottere".
I said yes that's right to which she gave me a sour look and moved slightly away.

Wondering what the problem was I searched my memory for some more of Richard's phrases and so said "E un mucchio di merda!"

She got up and went down to the back of a bus and took another seat.

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

At least you didn't say, "Forte! forte!" and whack our arm on the muscle, or "Io amo la sua fica."
Could have been worse.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I think if she was so rude as to walk down the back of the bus and take someone elses seat your words were well chosen!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I think Richard is rude. Such language.

Richard (of RBB) said...

And who chose to bring all of this up?
Il Curmudgeon `e mobile!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Il Curmudgeon `e mobile!"

Like 'La Donna' I guess.