Saturday 6 April 2013

INK SPOTS

I like the Ink Spots music. They were one of my dad's favourites along with The Mills Brothers, Dick Haymes, Ella Fitzgerald etc. Songs like If I didn't care, Whispering Grass and Java Jive take me back to my childhood.

I'm re-reading The Millennium series books at present (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and its two sequels). These are intelligent, well-structured thrillers that are good reading second time round.



Today, while I was waiting at the bus stop for the Old Girl to arrive from Auckland I was looking at a young woman (18'sh) and thinking how nice she looked especially as her flawless skin was not ruined by tattoos.
Tattoos can sometimes be good if they are well thought out and professionally done but most are ugly and stupid. The ones that piss me off most are those 'cultural' ones that whitey kids get (Pacific Island and Maori arm and leg bands etc). They look out of place and are inappropriate. The next type that I find offensive are the trailer trash logos ('tramp stamps')young women get at the base of their spine. I wonder if they know the true and not very flattering significance of these?

Anyway, the young girl I was admiring turned around and on her afore-mentioned flawless skin, had a green tattoo on her right shoulderblade. It was about 10 cm long and was a map of New Zealand.
It had been professionally done and looked really good.

I didn't look at the base of her spine.

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Probably because she ran to the nearest Police station!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Funny Second. You're sounding just like Richard. This is not good.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ha ha Second! Spot on!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Spot on your bum I hope.