Wednesday 24 April 2013

I WRITE MY BEST BLOG POSTS WHEN I'M WALKING



I usually walk for about an hour but if I climb one of the 'mountains' around here it takes longer. Walking is a great chance to think and often my thoughts go to a blog post. I structure it, write it, edit it and select images - all in my head. The results are usually pretty good being well-crafted essays, often on a contemporary theme.
I don't go into long rambling philosophical wonderings about the existence of god and the mysteries of the universe. I leave that to clever people who know a lot about it - and Richard and Robert.

The only problem is that after I'm home and when I sit at the computer I've totally forgotten what I was going to post on.


4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Carry a small note book next time with one of those little pencils that slide down the spline!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert in cleverer than me. He has a degree in Educational Psychology. I don't even know what that is.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Robert in cleverer than me"

Have you developed a hare lip over the holidays?
That'll teach you for being sarcastic about educational psychopop degrees.

Tracey said...


"I WRITE MY BEST BLOG POSTS WHEN I'M WALKING" - me too! Sometimes I'll muse on them for weeks before I get around to posting. I do my best thinking on my daily walks - can't understand those who are earplugged into music lest they actually take notice of their surroundings or have a unique thought.