Saturday 13 April 2013

PROPERLY VETTED

I had a scare last weekend when coming up North on the bus. The cat-sitter sent a text saying that Willow hadn't been eating and she was worried about her.
All sorts of distressing thoughts went through my mind as I made my way home.
Willow, as usual, when I drove up the drive was waiting for me at the back door. She seemed OK and she did eat some of her food when I gave it to her.
I made a booking for the vet on Monday just to be sure.
At the vets she had a good check-up and I arranged for some blood tests to be done.
They shaved her just below the neck and took a lot of samples.



During the week the vet called me to say that all the indicators were good (for a 13 y.o. cat) which was quite a relief.
She's back to eating normally again so maybe it was just a tummy bug or something.


4 comments:

Tracey said...


"The little furry buggers are just deep, deep wells you throw all your emotions into."
-Bruce Schimmel

Your concern was admirable.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I've boxed up Satan (aka Fluffy, aka The Ginger Bastard) and am sending him (the guy with no genitals) up - just in case things don't work out with your present cat. No thanks necessary; believe me, it is MY pleasure.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Just checking, but Fluffy should be fine being in a package - it's cheaper.
If you decide to cook him; that's fine.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Tracey. They're worth it.
re the shaving, it always intrigues me when you see cat's skin below the fur. The part where Willow has the white badge on her chest is a different coloured skin. When the fur grows it grows white.

Richard, I know that you love the ginger bastard really. If not I hope he takes off your genitals.