Monday 13 January 2014

SUCH FUN




I went to my first pantomime ever when in Aberdeen over Christmas and New Year. Such fun.

As we get older our entertainment generally becomes more sophisticated through becoming more educated or by peer influence.
Recently The Old Girl and I have been to 3 operas, a Broadway play, several music concerts and visited art galleries.
These were all good and very pleasurable but at none of them did we shout out, scream and yell and laugh uproariously. In fact if we'd done so I'm sure we'd have been asked to move.


The pantomime though encouraged this and more. It was like being a kid over again.



We went to Cinderella in Aberdeen. This was great fun and featured some great Scottish comedians.
It was the final performance of the season and the audience was made up of a higher number of adults than the usual matinees but this didn't stop the calls of "look out behind you" and "oh no you didn't".


Honestly this was the best laugh I've had for years and I'm definitely up for seeing another one.

The pantomime tradition is a British one that hasn't been adopted by New Zealand. Pity.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Circa Theatre here in Wellington has a panto every year in Dec and Jan. I've been to a couple. Good fun.