Monday 16 March 2015

WHAT I DID ON THE WEEKEND

OK, the pressure is off to actually write an interesting post.

The Abominable Scotsman seems to have gone on permanent walkabout; The Petone Ponderer has pondered herself out of existence with too much toe-gazing; Second Fiddle aka Ass aka God-knows-what has given up to write bogus news headlines; Richard of RBB is now just providing pictures of his daily routine (the previous narrative obviously wasn't boring enough).

So here is what I did on the weekend.

I flew to Onerahi airport on Saturday and was collected by Rod who is looking after our house up north.



I slept in the afternoon as I was tired and it was unseasonably awful outside (start of cyclone Pam).


I had a nice dinner with Rod and his wife Denise and watched a Belorussian film on TV.



On Sunday I slept in and then went for a drive with Rod to the supermarket and to check out storm damage on my sister's nearby holiday house.



On Sunday afternoon I played snooker with the old guys down the road.
Against the usual state of play I was the best on the day.



Sunday evening I cooked dinner (rack of lamb, roast potatoes and broccoli) as Denise had headed off to a conference and Rod is one of those old fashioned guys who can't fend for himself when his better half is away.



Sunday night I lay awake most of the night waiting for the forecast storm which apparently was supposed to rip the roof off.


On both Saturday night and Sunday night my good friend willow slept on my bed.



On Monday morning Rod drove me to the airport and I had to wait an extra hour an a half due to plane delays due to Pam hitting Gisborne and Hawkes Bay.



Hey!

You!

Still with me?



3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Gosh, I feel tired.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Without out pictures it would have fitted on one page and Richard wouldn't have got drowsy.

Tracey said...

So nice to see dear, wee Willow.