Thursday 22 October 2015

A TRAIN OF THOUGHT

I went to the Railway Museum yesterday.

Boy what a great asset to York this is.

You don't have to be an Anorak to enjoy it.
I took lots of photos of some really impressive trains:

From this:





Through this:



To this:



There was a bit of everything for all, including Nuova Lazio residents:



My favourite was this one:

I liked this sign. It kind of made me think of Richards Bass Bag



When I got home I was a bit tired from all of the walking about (the site is massive)
The Old Girl wasn't very sympathetic, having been at work all day.
She said that I'm out of practice of walking because I ride my bike everywhere.
I remonstrated that I ride my bike very fast and it's good exercise.

"Yeah right" she said "I've heard that little old ladies overtake you"



There was no answer to that.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I know a guy who has a train set. He belongs to a club. Every now and then they put up a big display and charge people to come in. You could join a club like this in York.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I know that guy. The displays not that big and they just ask a gold coin donation.
There was a program however about trains on TV last night and they mentioned York. Without trains the allies would have not been able to have launched D Day.
Or was it something to do with the fighter pilots...