Thursday 29 October 2015

SO WHAT'S HAPPENING THEN?

We're going to see Alabama 3 in Holmfirth in December.
These are the guys who put out a couple of great albums a couple of years ago and David Chase used this song as the theme song for the Sopranos series:

WOKE UP THIS MORNING

Holmfirth is where The Last of The Summer Wine series was filmed and where I visited a few weeks back.


It's a 'Camel and a packed lunch' getting there, particularly to attend a late night concert so we're planning to stay in or around Holmfirth and getting a rental car to travel there.

That's the plan.




7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The camel looks like he's wearing a fess.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Fez.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...


Centered in Holme the valley of Kirkless
Converges twin rivers one dribbles as Ribble;
Holmfirth , Huddersfield, Glossip are reckless
In Pennine the mason used stone with no quibble.

Anonymous said...

Aye lad.
I can see 'ee standing on corner reciting such gibberish.
Residents of Holmfirth, Ribble et al would say to startled tourists:
"Ay up. Don't ee pay no attention. 'Tis only old Robert. Gone soft don't ee know"

Anonymous said...

Just got back from Sheffield.I took the train down there for a meeting which went OK.

On returning I got on the wrong train.
Not only that but it was going in completely the wrong direction.
A helpful conductor woman helped me with getting back to York which meant two train changes 9I could have done with that camel and a packed lunch).

How the hell does this happen then?

On second thoughts - be nice.

TC

c chalmers said...

Funny coincidence. I live in California but my grandfather (and all his) was from Aberdeen. I've been planning a trip bucket list trip there (the third) and the tune "Aberdeen, Aberdeen, pretties town I've ever seen" has been going through my mind. I knew that wasn't the name but couldn't remember is was Abeline. So I googled the phrase and there was your blog.

chalmerscd@gmail.om

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The Barrel of Bricks? ...pricks?