Friday 9 September 2016

LETTER TO THE CORINTHIANS




Dear Corinthians,

Hey guys, thanks for the great time you showed me last month I've just got back home to Ephesus and can't stop talking about it. All my friends are telling me to shut up - ha, ha. Some have even been throwing rocks at me - Whoohoo!

Sorry about the delay in writing but it was a bit difficult as the ship sank and the parchment got wet.
Anyway it was great and I'd love to come again if I can live that long - ha, ha.
I love your place. That weather you have sure beats where I live and those beaches. Wow!
I have to go on a diet now after all that food and wine. That wine! Man I had to look through the glass darkly it was so thick and strong. I've still got a headache - maybe it was the rocks - ha, ha.

Look I know that we had a few 'barnies' while I was there, you know, about the church and all that but my boss (Jesus) told me to stir it up a bit you understand. you know he can be a bit of a bastard on some issues and doesn't understand that we can have divisions and still work towards the same goals. He bangs on about this 'brotherhood of man' thing a lot. You can tell that he didn't have any real brothers. Brothers fight like mad but still love each other (I think). Hey when I was a kid and you know, spoke like a kid, I understood as a kid and um, thought as a kid and umm.... bugger I forgot what I was going to say ....man that wine was strong - ha, ha, not to mention those funny smokes you gave me.

I'm still thinking about those great nights we had at the Turkish baths - boy that was a hoot. Jesus Jeepers we had fun. Those whores you laid on (and I mean laid on) were delicious. But, the boss said that we cannot condone that sort of thing OK? Immorality and all that. Let's just keep it to ourselves OK? What goes on in Corinth stays in Corinth. I'll tell him that everything is hunky dory there OK if you back me up if he shows up unexpectedly. He's always threatening a second coming.

Anyway, kiss kiss and say a prayer for me.
This is my first letter but I'll write again soon.

Paul.



















3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I was about to reply and my computer crashed.
While it was loading a thought came to me to reply "You are the anti christ".
Of course that is no special title.
There are millions maybe billions of anti christs.

THE CURMUDGEON said...


"I was about to reply and my computer crashed."

Don't underestimate the power of us Anti-Christs.

Richard (of RBB) said...

That's the first time I've read Paul's first letter to the Corinthians, though an Irish priest used to quote from those letters when I was a kid at church. I've got to say that they make more sense when you write them out. Thanks.