Sunday 11 September 2016

SHEEET!

It's a great weekend up here. Very warm, no rain, no wind, marvellous.

I was up reasonably early for a Sunday and went for a pleasant walk.
Later I did the washing, some gardening and some housework.

The Old Girl is in Auckland this weekend so it's me on my own. Normally she changes the bedsheets but this weekend I did it.

Normally I'm not allowed to undertake this arcane task. It is one of those mysterious exercises that women seem to effortlessly master like folding towels, baking scones, writing and sending birthday cards etc. but I thought I'd give it a go.

Her colour matching choices of sheets, pillows, throws and cushions usually go like this:



Mine are more like this:



Today I chose a green fitted under sheet, a yellow with blue flowers duvet cover, one white and one cream sleeping pillowslip, pink and green top pillow slips and beige big pillow/cushion slips.
The effect (to me) is spectacular.

I wonder what she'll say when she comes up here next week?

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You idiot! You know she won't approve! Keep to what you know, like choosing the wine and writing blog posts, and working half days. Big trouble when The Old Girl returns and sees your handy work. You idiot! Why did you have to go there?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yeah thanks. You're right but I've done it now and I'm exhausted (long walk, doing the washing, doing some gardening and playing snooker with the old guys down the road) so I can't face going through that colour-matching exercise again not to mention getting the bloody fitted sheets on the bed and the duvet cover over the duvet again. This means that once I use the sheets tonight I'm committed.
Why, why, why did I do this?
Bummer!

Robert ka kite i nga mea i te rangi said...

A good weekend, no wind no rain, it really was so great.
Did go for pleasant walk alone and kept a healthy gate;
Then getting home my sheets unchanged did change them this I hate,
Green, yellow, white and cream with beige
Pink , green then I did get confused
She'll curse who bed did make.