Tuesday 6 December 2016

SILLY OLD BUGGER




I played tennis again today. The local tennis club meets on Tuesday mornings and last week Rod and I went along and signed up.
We bashed balls around for a couple of hours before deciding that we could do this.
I must admit that the old joints were a bit stiff afterwards and I had to soak in the bath afterwards.

Today my play was a bit better but I managed to hurt my wrist. It's bloody sore and I had to get a wrist band and voltaren tablets from the chemist.


Looking up the internet I discovered that there is such a thing as Tennis Wrist. I'd heard of Tennis Elbow before but not this. It's a sort of tendonitis at the lower ulna area and even the great tennis players get it so I'm in good company.

It was really hot today - a scorcher. We play between 9AM and 11.30 at which time it is just too hot to play. I went home and then straight in for a swim as it was nearly high tide. The water was beautiful - very refreshing.

I hope the wrist comes right by next week.

3 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

It's not Tennis Wrist.
It's I should know better at my age Wrist

Richard (of RBB) said...

What with the lack of girlfriends when you were young, I'd have thought that your wrist would be very strong. Though Robert could be wrong.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"Old age is not for sissies". Though I could be wrong.