Wednesday 28 December 2016

DRY CHRISTMAS

It's been an interesting Christmas so far - no wine or any other form of alcohol

NO BOOZE FOR CHRISTMAS


I'm taking Tramadol for the Shingles pain and alcohol is forbidden.




Our guests (who have just left) and The Old Girl made up for it though, scoffing bottle after bottle of the enticing delicious nasty stuff. I haven't had a drink for 3 weeks now. I don't crave it or miss it necessarily but I do like wine and like to try different (good) ones.

I might stop taking the Tramadol on Saturday and have some wine on New Years Eve (just to keep my palate up to par you understand).


5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Go for it I say. You've got to have a bit of fun too or what's the point.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Pity they don't still make Claytons - the drink you have when your not having a drink.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylH43Tcaj60

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Actually I've been drinking Edenvale, the Australian alcohol free wine.
The Chardonnay and the Rose aren't too bad, the Shiraz is a bit 'stewy'.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I feel for you.
I've only had 1 small glass of Lindeman's Early Harvest over the last 4 weeks.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Old age catches up eventually.