Sunday 2 July 2017

NEW BEGINNINGS





I finished up working on Friday. Apart from holiday jobs at school and university I've basically been working for at least 40 years and believe that I deserve a break.




I'll go the month of July without any income but the overdraft should help. Also, The Old Girl is still working (well she will be when she gets over her hip operation) so things will be hunky dory once the government start paying me superannuation in August.


It's not a lot of money though and I'll still have to look out for part-time work opportunities to supplement the pension and to pay the shopping bills. It may mean making some frugal purchasing decisions though.


I might have to fight the cat over dinner on occasions.

Starting Monday though I will be free to make my own decisions on activity without feeling obliged to someone else. I'm looking forward to playing tennis, playing golf, walking, playing outdoor bowls. The Old Girl today however made some disparaging remarks about the state of the garden so I guess that will have to be high on the agenda as well.

If I don't find some part-time work or a means of bringing in top up income then I won't be able to contribute much to our household expenses until we sell the Auckland apartment and clear the mortgage.


In the interim however I plan to enjoy things as much as I can. This of course will mean that I have more time to write boring Posts. Maybe I can start a series ....'The Most Boring Blog Post Ever'. *




* (Richard(of RBB) will most likely say that I've already started)



1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good on you old fella. Life is to be enjoyed. I hope to join you in a week.