Friday 17 August 2018

CRAZY





Am I going crazy?

I don't really know the answer to that. It's one of those things I guess only other people can speculate on. You don't really know it yourself as you are 'too close to it".

I rattle about this place on my own most of the time with the unusual circumstance of The Old Girl living and working in Auckland during the week and spending weekends up here. She's in Canada at the moment and was supposed to return this weekend but the project she's involved with needs her for another week so will be returning next weekend.

She's flying in late on Saturday - I hope, as we have tickets to the Bob Dylan concert on Sunday night. Meanwhile .....


I'M GOING CRAZY!




Here's  GNARLS BARKLEY'S song 'Crazy'





Although I think I prefer this version that really shows CeeLo Green's voice:




This is sublime. What a performance - one that sends shivers up your spine and making you wish you'd been there. I don't know what speed setting is normal or not - whether this version is slowed down or the album version is speeded up . Both are great but I prefer the 'live' version.



**********************

So, what led me to the song 'Crazy' today other than the fact that I'm probably losing my marbles?

Well, I was listening to National Radio this afternoon and heard WHITE CHAPEL JAK doing a live version of Crazy. It was a pretty good version.

The interview and performance can be heard:  HERE


6 comments:

Robert and the Catholics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, you're crazy.

Robert and the Catholics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

You can't. I just did - you're nuts.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. There's a very old song called 'Crazy'.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yeah Patsy Cline.
I think that tomorrow I'll check out others and let you know.