Monday, 31 August 2026

'ALLO 'ALLO

 I had a pleasant and helpful (I think) call from Richard today after I posted on my gout condition.

Doctor Richard prescribed Allopurinol to treat the condition as he said that he had good results from this after some kind of gout-type flare up a couple of years ago.

"I got big fat fingers" he said at which I was tempted to say "You'd have needed a bigger double bass" ...



... but I didn't. You know me - sensitive as anything.



Anyway, after the call I looked up Allopurinol on Google which told me that
Allopurinol is mainly used as a long-term daily treatment to prevent gout attacks or flares.

What are the side effects of taking allopurinol?

Allopurinol (commonly known by brand names like Zyloprim) can cause mild to severe adverse reactions. 
Common Side Effects
Gout flare-ups: Increased joint pain or swelling can happen during the first few months as the body adjusts and uric acid levels drop.
Stomach upset: Mild nausea, vomiting, indigestion, or diarrhea may occur, especially when first starting the medication.
Drowsiness: Some people feel sleepy, dizzy, or lightheaded.
Headache: Mild head pain can happen.
Skin irritation: Mild, itchy skin rashes can occasionally develop. 

Serious Side Effects
Stop taking allopurinol and contact a doctor or seek emergency care immediately if you notice these signs: 
Severe skin reactions: Any skin rash, hives, peeling, blistering, or mouth sores (which can signal life-threatening conditions like Stevens-Johnson syndrome).
Liver problems: Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice), dark urine, upper right stomach pain, or extreme tiredness.
Kidney issues: Painful or bloody urination, or swelling in the feet and ankles.
Blood or infection signs: Unexplained bruising, bleeding gums, fever, sore throat, or swollen glands.
Allergic reactions: Sudden trouble breathing or swelling of the face, lips, or tongue. 

Ok, thanks for that.

Is this some kind of evil plan devised by Evil Doctor Richard to get everyone sharing his various conditions that he's told us of?

"Bwahahaha!"







7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Far k. A k in the distance?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Still getting your spelling tips from Robert then?

Richard (of RBB) said...

La mamma degli imbecilli รจ sempre incinta.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Allopurinol is mainly used as a long-term daily treatment to prevent gout attacks or flares".

It's a pity it wasn't around in the 1970s. It could have sorted out those red corduroy flared trousers you wore.

Rob said...

Oh dear.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No wonder they call you ‘Evil’ Doctor Richard.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No, they weren't expensive.