Wednesday, 5 August 2026

 We're off into the wild blue yonder this afternoon.

"Stay back Richard and Robert - you can't come with us"

Robert aka Phileas Fogg no doubt with all of his travel experience could come in handy though:



Put lots of stickers on it so you can see someone walking off with it in the luggage handling area. Don't use padlocks as they invite curiosity. Did you know a pen can open a zipper. Instead use zip ties. Put your valuables in a jacket with zip pockets to avoid pick pockets.
- Rob 3 August 2026 at 18:28

I found on my one and only overseas trip that it's all about weight. Your main bag goes in the luggage. (Tip: make this bag brightly coloured and easily regonizable (sic) without lots of padlocks that make it seem worth stealing). You take a smaller suitcase that is under about 7kg that goes in the over head locker on the aeroplane. You can take a back back so long as it fits under the seat in front of you and also your own shoulder bag for passport etc.
- Rob 5 July 2026 at 18:49

Wear a woolly shirt.
- Rob 25 July 2026 at 06:28

It'll be a long trawl to Darwin as we arrive Oz time at about 1AM tomorrow.
We'll have Thursday to meander around the city before our Kakadu adventure on Thursday which might prove to be strenuous.


The increased walking I've been doing should help though. The Old Girl walks to and from work each day so she should be in good shape for it.

After that it should be easily sailing - well, riding the rail really as we'll be 4 days on the GHAN train. I've arranged some side trips at the three stops that we'll be making but I think that these will be pretty easy - suitable for oldies.



Hooroo!

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Enjoy.
Have a great time.
Avoid Catholic churches - they're full of paedophiles.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hello. I don't think my comments are showing.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ah, they are now. I must have done something wrong.
Don't worry, just have a good time over there.

Rob said...

So now as well as claiming to be molested by Catholic cliergy you have been molested at Mass.. How recent was this? I want an investigation.

Rob said...

I watched a video where the maker could hear the neighbour going to the toilet next door in the train and his room filled with horrible odours. Hope it doesn' happen to you.

Rob said...

Not sure if this is the one...https://youtu.be/0vCb5YqoEWs?si=2V4ojJANDQbx46DC

Richard (of RBB) said...

I didn't mention mass. I mentioned clergy who are/were paedophiles. I can give you names - Brother Benedict, Brother Leon, Father Minto, Father Woodcock - unfortunate name there! There are a lot more.