Thursday, 20 August 2026

HERE’S A LITTLE CONUNDRUM

 The three bloggers are meeting for lunch tomorrow to celebrate their birthdays.

All three were born in August.

The Curmudgeon on the 8th of August.

Richard of Richard’s Bass Bag on the 20th of August.

Robert of Walk With Me Rob on the 19th of August.

Which one is going to Hell?

9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Rob is on the 21st. Today.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I knew that, mea culpa but, *spoiler alert*, I’m not the one going to Hell.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Is it me?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Where are you going then? Flatting with Mr. Linford?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Or has Robert been missing confession?

Rob said...

The one going to hell will be..... he that chooses to!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That’s obtuse.
Also, it’s a bit noncommittal in the role of god in this nonexistent construct.
I guess it’s easier to put the blame on innocents when trying to balance the inconsistency of a benevolent being and awful retribution.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

They say (as you did today) that Christians and especially Catholics are full of grace. I’m not sure of that but am sure that they are full of something.

Rob said...

I implied that we can get grace through doing the will of God. I mentioned the example of going to Saturday Mass. If hell is a nonexistent construct then what logically happens to an eternal soul that doesn't want to be with God? It goes outside to somewhere God isn't.
Who are the innocents? You don't mean children. You must mean adults with free will to act as they wish. You and me! I know that even the saints never claimed innocence.
Anyway keep in mind the concept of going to a place devoid of God and using a small flat section on the end of a long pole to impart energy to a hard sphere so it is eventually impelled to fall into a chasm. By the grace of God I will practice the difficult art of swinging the pole so that it contacts the sphere in readiness.