Sunday 3 July 2011

CROOK AS A DOG



I've been unwell for the last 4 days 'crook as a dog'. I don't know what the expression means as our dog was always healthy but if she gobbled her food too fast she would throw up so maybe that is what it refers to.


I haven't been throwing up though fortunately. I have had a bout of DVT a painful and debilitating gut infection. As if that's not bad enough yesterday I got a bad migraine. Its quite a few months since I've had one of those. I don't know what set it off.

http://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2010/11/making-no-sense.html

I took antibiotics for the gut, ibuprofen for the pain and paramax for the migraine. I was zonked and went to bed at 8PM and slept for 12 hours. I feel a bit better today but have stayed indoors playing PlayStation. I started and finished Mafia II. This is a well made game but has no redeeming social values. It is amoral and immoral and, believe it or not, there is even a fellatio scene in the cut scenes (the video component that links chapters.


Unbelievable!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Pete. Hope you get well soon.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Get well soon Agent Comeinyourpants.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Poor guy, take it easy and stay in bed; I wish I could.