Tuesday 27 May 2014

SOLE CHARGE



While I'm on a dream theme I may as well share my most recent dream.
This one also is a recurrent one.
It broadly is set in a wine and spirit merchant store.
Sometimes it is the old Murray Robert's one in Wellington where I worked with Richard, Robert and Tony.
This place was on four levels - ground floor, mezzanine, first floor and second floor.

The ground floor was made up of the retail store in front and warehouse, fridges, bottling hall and dispatch area behind.
The mezzanine was for wine carton storage.
The fist floor was offices.
The second floor was a large bonded warehouse.

In my dream I am the only person on the premises. This, when having the doors open for trading made things difficult as, If I have to be on one of the upper floors or out back invariably a customer would come in and browse about and even demand service. Bastards!
The dream usually ends with me going home at the end of the day and forgetting to lock the doors and gates.

When it's not Murray Robert's the premises are a sort of collage of the much larger wine and spirits operations I managed in Auckland. These were also made up of several levels but on a much greater floor area so the difficulties in manning the place alone were exacerbated.

So. what's that all about?

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Alfie.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm guessing ..The dream has probably got nothing to do with the actual work place. The subconscious is cleverly trying to tell you something else.
Something that is too hard for you to face?
I hope that this has helped and of course I could be wrong.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep, you're right Sigmund, it's not the work place that's scary, it's the idea of work itself.