Saturday 3 December 2011

GRIPE #2

OK, call me stupid but when I signed up for 'Naked Broadband' with Vodafone I thought that I would be getting a broadband device that didn't require a fixed land-line. How silly of me. They of course have another product named Mobile Broadband. I of course assumed that this was a way of accessing the internet from your mobile not the bloody computer. When signing up via Vodafone's very complicated and consumer unfriendly website I entered the information that we were just moving into a flat that had no telephone, that we didn't want a fixed line phone and wanted broadband to suit. On Thursday (see Gripe #3) I arrived home after work to find a courier card at the door saying that they tried to deliver a parcel but no-one was home. The parcel could be collected the next day between the hours of 9AM and 5.30PM at their depot ON THE OTHER SIDE OF BLOODY TOWN! On Friday I collected this at lunchtime to discover that it was a Vodafone fixed line modem that is of no use to me. Today, Saturday I received an invoice for the damned connection. SHIT! (sorry, scatology). Look, I know that I am not good at new technology but I'm not a slug at it either. I work with a computer at home and the office and generally know my way around the ether. What if I was an O.A.P. (no jokes please)? How the hell does a novice to the computer world negotiate the miasma-filled labyrinths that these geeks create?

1 comment:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

It's not the geeks that make it difficult, it's the arseholes in marketing that make it difficult.