Saturday 28 April 2012

WHO CARES

The good thing about getting older is that you don't have to give a fuck about social conventions and stuff.

I wrote a wine article some time ago : see

HERE

Tonight, after dinner I finally had a shower.
I had done some early morning stuff like gardening, servicing the cars etc but then in the afternoon got busy with more important stuff like watching TV, drinking wine and blogging. By this time it was close to 6PM so I had to prepare the snapper (caught in the bay outside our house), home-made oven chips and coleslaw. After this I had the said shower. Used to having a leisurely bath on weekends after doing all my 'chores', the shampoo and soap were on the shelf next to the bath. Not feeling bothered to get out of the shower to get them I used the COWSHED Bullock 'bracing' body wash that one of my nieces bought for me a few years ago as a joke - I think it was a joke!. 




I lathered myself with the body wash from head to toe. It soaped up nicely and, if I'd been inclined to shave it would have been Ok for that too. Having been used to dumping all of the little bottles of stuff in hotel bathrooms into a bath knowing that they are probably all from the same master bottle I don't know why I've been so discerning at home. keeping soaps, shampoos etc separate.

The result?

Well The Old Girl said I smelled nice so Who Cares?

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

At your age it is essential that you bathe regularly.