Saturday 16 June 2012

BACHING ....


..... this weekend,  like Richard (of RBB) who is also alone as his better half has gone away. With Richard he is also Baching (mad) playing the odd cantata on his various strings.



My better half, the Old Girl has stayed in Auckland this weekend so I'm rattling around in the house alone. The cat woke me early so I've got a few 'chores' out of the way and can look forward to a lazy day and evening. Its cold (well, for Northland its cold at 8 degrees) so I'll get the firewood in and set up for a good evening watching the All Blacks lose to Ireland (just kidding). I'll make that meat pie that I didn't do last week. Pies and rugby go together like strawberries and tennis.


I'll have to leave in the morning as we are going to the opera on Sunday (Rigoletto). A matinee. Seems strange to see opera during the day but Friday night was booked out.  Is this a typical kiwi cultural combination? Rugby and opera?



Well, the Aussi's do football and opera.


6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

To watch the rugby I'd have to walk down to the RSA and it's bloody cold. Might do it, but will probably stay home and do more practice.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Delayed telecast?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Is there a delayed telecast?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

At half time NZ 9 Ireland 10!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

It was too bloody close to joke about.

be carefull TC, you might have jinxed them.

I do like the idea of Richard baching in a bach.

Does that mean he'll also be dunnying in a dunny?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'd prefer it if he was Debussying from the bus station