Saturday 30 June 2012

ACTION PHOTOGRAPHY

 I called out to the Old Girl to get her camera today as a Kereru (Native wood pigeon) was sitting on the deck rail.

Kereru



Deck rail (the cat wasn't there)

As you can see the kereru is not actually sitting on the deck rail. The Old Girl had her camera and was taking ages to get the shot before the bird flew away. "What were you doing?" I asked. "I was trying to get the distance right" she said. "Why didn't you just take plenty of snaps and we could choose a good one later" I said. "You'd excel at being a sports photographer".

For this I got the icy stare.

After that comment I got to thinking of how a catalogue of 'just missed' action photo's could be popular. I suggested that I could publish her best efforts in this direction.

They are along the following lines:

100 metres record being broken


The controversial winning goal at the World Cup

100 airplane flypast

Giraffe eating out of hand

Cat catching toy helicopter


Girls at fashion show

Twin Tower collapse


"Don't you blog that" she said when I told her of the idea.

As you can see I have so am now in the bad books.

The Kereru came back and nestled in the bushes besside the deck.

If you enlarge the image you will see the Kereru sitting in the bush

6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Looks like that carrot in the previous post will have a better chance than you tonight.

Tracey said...

I like the look of the cat - take a few more shots of the moggie.

Valley Girl said...

Always lovely to see native birds at close hand. We often get kereru coming down into our back yard trees to nibble on the berries from a particular tree they like.
Quite amazing given we live a stone's throw from our city's CBD.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

You should make a movie.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Is SEcond editing your site now, or did you decide to take the chairs back?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

.!!!!