Thursday 18 July 2013

RAMBLING ON

I haven't posted for a while, having been busy packing and stacking and divesting myself of a life-time of existing in godzone. Really, it makes you want to spit. because we want to live overseas for anything from two to four years it seems we have to virtually renounce our citizenship. This is not from the government who surely love us as upstanding and contributing members of society - no it's all those other bastards agencies like telecommunications companies, health insurance agencies, insurance organisations etc. who have limited 'holiday' allowances but see a great opportunity for new sign-up fees when someone leaves for more than 12 months.



I must admit that I was a bit luke-warm about the OE plan. The hassle and expense of it all was daunting but so too was leaving this bit of paradise that is my home not to mention leaving my best friend Willow the pussycat. The Old Girl said that I passed the test when I agreed to go with her overseas as she was never sure if I loved her or the cat more.

Maybe a compromise is in order


Now though, with the house empty, the Old Girl in Canada and living on spartan meals (the cupboards have been stripped) I'm ready to go.
The new tenants are moving things in and I leave for Auckland next week. After emptying and tidying the Auckland apartment I'll be off at the end of the month to meet up with the Old Girl which I'm really looking forward to.

Like that other old guy Richard, I've had a bad cold - a man cold - which has slowed up my activities over the last week. I won't post any of those disgusting snot images like Richard did but I'm sure you can imagine it. I bought some strong cold remedy from the chemist and it turns out to be a form of speed so I've been awake from 2 or 3 in the morning each day. Great for catching up on reading but it certainly makes me tired during the day.




3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Looking forward to seeing you, TC.
Or are you really only coming to see my cat?

Tracey said...

Millie is available for quality time if you need a cat fix while you're down.300 NSuman

Tracey said...

The NSuman refers to that silly script I had decode, but put in wrong box! Now I have to decode another! Hmm - this one is 236 byBurk, almost as if it is suggesting I was a burk with the first one - the robot takeover is underway ....