Monday 23 June 2014

SWEET HARMONY, IN UNISON




I'll be pleased to get back to New Zealand and be surrounded by the soft (some say flat) kiwi accent, especially the women's. I'm sick of the high-pitched and strident way that women speak here. Now admittedly the Canadian accent is a hell of a lot nicer than the American one but Toronto, being close to USA has adopted many things American and now including the way they speak. That 'Valley Girl' patois that originated in Californian high schools and has spread throughout the country is particularly annoying. Somewhere along the way American women (and increasingly women in Toronto) have adopted a Minnie Mouse squeek that becomes a screech when they laugh or raise their voice.
Bloody annoying and I feel sorry for their husbands.

Perhaps I'm getting old. Certainly I'm not alone but it looks like us old farts are not going to win this one. See this link:

ANNOYING WOMEN'S VOICES

No comments: