Tuesday 22 November 2016

GETTING AN EYEFUL

This morning, while I was lying in bed in our Auckland apartment (14th floor) I noticed a video camera mounted drone hovering outside the window.

I looked at it for some moments, thinking that it was operated by engineers checking out the building before it occurred to me that engineers wouldn't be doing this at 6.50AM.

I called The Old Girl who was in the bathroom and alerted her to it. When she came into the bedroom and I pointed to it, it sped away north back towards other buildings around the university.

Now I know that I look pretty hot in the morning so maybe, as it is International Gentlemen's Day, the drone operator was a woman who wanted to get her jollies by checking me out.

Like this?


Or like this?

.....or, it was operated by some Peeping Tom deviant who gets his jollies from looking in apartment building bedroom windows to sneak a peek at young female students in their knickers.





I think the second scenario is more likely.

I reported this to Auckland City Council in case there have been other incidents and so it could go on record.

Unfortunately this 'invasion' is becoming more prevalent. The activity currently slips between the cracks in our legislation and police offences as, peeping into a window is a criminal offence but using a drone-borne video camera isn't. This needs to be sorted.

To make it worse, currently a householder cannot take action against these drones as shown by the guy in Waikanae who stomped on one when it landed after having been filming his children. He was sentenced and had to pay compensation to the scrote who was driving the damned thing.



Go figure.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

There are no drones in Wainuiomata yet. Just young guys in funny pants.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Funny.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I received an answer from the city council.
They gave me a contact at the privacy commission.
I'll only contact them if The Old Girl has problems.
Either that or buy a shotgun.