Wednesday 4 January 2017

I TOLD YOU SO

A while ago I wrote a post regarding bedsheets and my inability to match them properly.

See:

SHEETS!

Well, as expected The Old Girl was less than impressed at my efforts and said something like "I'll sort you out Matey" or something similar.

She is on Christmas leave at present so, instead of just being up here for 2 or 3 days a week is here for a full month! This has given her time, after a bit of a relax, to turn her beady intrusive helpful eye to the domestic activity that, by recent circumstance, has been left to me.

The other day she spent a couple of hours down the end of the house engaged in god knows what activity but left me time to snooze and read my book. After a while I got the call to come down to the 'spare' end of the house where the laundry and hot water cupboard is.

"I've got you sorted" she said.
I quickly did a rapid mental inventory of all the things I've been up to that I hadn't told her about and before needlessly confessing to something she said "I've sorted out the sheet selection process for you". I don't think she noticed the look of relief that passed across my visage and, if she did probably interpreted it as thankfulness.



She told me that she had given thought to the fact that I was incapable of getting two sheets and four pillow cases to match and had then created 'sets' for me to use when I changed the bed linen. She would keep these 'sets' up to date over time as they were laundered.

I kid you not.

She isn't exactly anal retentive but having been a schoolteacher in a previous life is experienced in organising juveniles. She showed me the laundry shelves in the hot water cupboard and pointed out the 'sets' that she had created.

The bottom two shelves have 'sets' of sheets and pillow cases stacked.

Each 'set' has a duvet cover, a base sheet, two 'sleeping' pillow cases, two other pillow cases and two large jumbo pillow cases. they are all colour matched in complimentary patterns and shades that "even I couldn't get wrong".


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I never make beds - problem solved. You have no sympathy from me because you should have seen thi coming and stayed away from the sheets.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ha ha, next you'll be expected to clean the toilet!