Saturday 28 January 2017

ON THE BEACH






Well Summer has certainly hit us up north. So much in fact that people are complaining about there having been no rain recently and that we are headed for a drought. We've been having hot, sunny and windless days that making living by the sea wonderful.

I bought The Old Girl a kayak the other day and she was thrilled with having taken it out for a spin this morning.
Afterwards she went in for a swim. Our friends Rod and Denise were already in the water. They like Lynn are good swimmers and swim far out and then up and down the bay.



My swimming style is described by The Old Girl  as 'wallowing' as I'm not a good swimmer and just float about a bit with the odd (and I do mean odd) stroke just to show anyone on the beach that I'm still alive.
 Sometimes I take a boogie board with me which does look a bit odd as this isn't a surf beach and the water is normally quite flat and calm.

Not like this


I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to getting in the water and I find that launching myself out on the board sort of delays the shock of a warm body meeting cooler water.

As I often don't stay in the water as long as The Old Girl and others I normally stand around waiting for them to finish.

Looking cool.





2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You are very cool. Just in a sort of alternate way.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I think you are wise; humans were not meant to be out there with big whites, jelly fish and in a medium that can not be inhaled to extract oxygen.