Saturday 7 January 2017

THE BANANA BOAT SONG





I mentioned 'A Blast from the Past' in yesterday's post. Well here's another.

I googled 'Banana Boat Song' as I was looking for the lyrics today and, blow me down, I found this:






SALIENT REVIEW: BANANA BOAT SONG

I wrote this years ago whilst at Victoria University and, to fill in boring times in the law library would write letters to the editor and other things and send to Salient, the Victoria University student's magazine.

It seems that some of the content from Salient has been digitalised and stored so that it can be found on-line.

I wonder if Richard's mad and anarchic letters are to be found. I'll do a search.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I remember this great letter. I always loved the conclusion.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It's a bit embarrassing to read it now but the grammatical errors and word repeats were due to the typesetter. I hand-wrote the original.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yeah sure.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It's nothing like the original tune!