Monday 24 April 2017

ANZAC DAY TOMORROW





I'm not in Auckland so won't be able to go to the Dawn Parade tomorrow. That's a shame as I have always liked attending this when I can.

My sister no doubt will be there playing drum in a pipe band. Good on her. I should have given her dad's war medals to carry.

I'll go up to the local club I belong to for the 2PM service. It is good but the later-in-the-day services don't have the same edge that the dawn services have.

Richard, bless him. will be playing trumpet (bugle?) at two services tomorrow. I hope that he doesn't ruin his lips so he can't give Shelley a kiss when he gets home.

I don't know if Robert will be playing at any ANZAC services. In my experience there's not a great demand for fiddle players - although I might be wrong. He'll probably be busy selling illegal cakes at a fair and arguing with Seventh Day Adventists or Mormons or someone anyway.

Anyway, enjoy the day but not too much as the day is after all a remembrance of fallen soldiers.







3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm playing violin as well tomorrow. Three trumpet gigs.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.