Wednesday 19 April 2017

BEING OPEN MINDED

This is a great interview with Michael Palin, John Cleese, Malcolm Muggeridge and an Archbishop debating the film The Life of Brian.

Robert should watch this and listen to the reasoned argument coming from Cleese and Palin.




PALIN, CLEESE, MUGGERIDGE AND SOME JOKER IN A PURPLE DRESS


The viewers comments after the film clip are a hoot:


“There's a man in this video wearing a purple dress because he thinks he has acquired some position given to him by an imaginary being”

“Catholics do tend to know a lot about fourteen year old boys”

“It (the Catholic Church) has also produced countless wars, torture, the Spanish inquisition (nobody expected that), burning at the stake, massacres, forced conversions and treating non-believers across the world as inferior, mass child abuse and murder covered up by its institutions and supposedly holy leaders, support for ruthless dictatorships"


4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yeah, I remember seeing that on TV. 10th rate film? My foot!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The film is brilliant. For some reason when I had finished my training course at Databank as
a COBOL (joke, joke) programmer we all had to watch it!
I laughed all the way through. But none of my fellow students did.
I was kind of nonplussed why they didn't find it amusing.
Most of us got dumped a few years later. I've always put it down to the person who design the aptitude tests.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for the positive? comment Geremy.
I have no idea what it means though. Could you elaborate in a Post?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Google Spellcheck rejected my spelling of 'Geremy'.
I had to override it.
Just saying.