Sunday 23 April 2017

WINDOWS 9

Windows 9?

No, just kidding.

I'd like to post a lot more windows but a grumpy old sourpuss from the Lower Hutt electorate has complained. Sorry about that.

I read this guys post today:


RICHARD BASS BAG ITALIAN RUBBISH

He bangs on about visiting Wellington's waterfront which is a pretty brave thing to do at any time of the year except in the 2 weeks of summer they have down there.

He also recounts how he went into an Italian wine shop and bought a bottle of Bardolino which he apparently drunk before creating his blog post. At least that makes sense. He finishes the post by saying:

"Now I am a little bit pissed. Ma chiva piano va sano e va lontano."

Which I think, given my limited understanding of Italian, means "My Piano has been drinking" a line that he stole from the great Tom Waits:

THE PIANO HAS BEEN DRINKING

Now this piano obviously liked a drop or two I only hope that it had the good sense to drink a decent Italian red wine like a Barolo, a Chianti Classico, a Barbaresco, a Barbera d'Asti, a Gattinara, a Brunello or Harvey's Bristol Cream..






2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ha ha, great clip!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I like this one of Tom waits better than the later - 'cleaned up' versions. Pity about those 'comedians' interfering.