Tuesday 29 May 2018

SLEEPINESS






I get a bit sleepy in the afternoon and find that I nod off for a half hour or so while reading or listening to National Radio.

Look, I know that I'm getting on a bit - I'm even older than that old guy Richard (by 12 days) but wonder why this sleepiness is suddenly more pronounced.

OK, OK, no doubt some of the older readers will remember that my nickname at work was 'Sleepy' see HERE but I do feel that my sleepiness then was because I was bored and wished that I were retired. Now that I am retired and can do whatever I like why am I so sleepy?

Searching for an answer on the web lead me to discussions of sleep disorders among the elderly and  various chemical imbalances in the body like hormone depletion but I'm having none of that.
I try to keep active by walking (although my knee injury limits my steeper hill climbing), playing tennis and golf, kayaking and gardening.

I just get a bit sleepy in the afternoon.

Bummer.




3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think that a bummer is a different type of thing, though I guess it could be a problem if you are falling asleep all the time.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Ha ha.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Nothing wrong with a light nap in the afternoon.
Quite refreshing I find.