Sunday 20 May 2018

RICHARD, DON'T READ THIS POST*

* Because you don't like reading about the mundane day to day activity of other bloggers.


SO WHAT DID YOU GET UP TO TODAY? I hear people saying.

Well it's been a cracker day here with blue sky and no cloud or wind. I'm not sure of the temperature but certainly over 20. Being Sunday I took the day off from gardening (Robert will no doubt be shocked) and first thing went for a long walk around the bay which was invigorating.

As the water in the bay was like a millpond I took the kayak out for an hour or so doing some fast paddling as a way of exercising the upper body. I feel good for doing that.






I looked at the trees and bushes I'd trimmed in the garden and decided to give it a miss today and will do a bit of tidying finesse during the week.

It's rough but just needs a bit of sculpturing now

I couldn't see the road from the deck before

That bastard creeper took ages to clear but my trusty Niwashi tool sorted it out


I devastated the scrappy trees at the back and now am thinking of growing a hedge to separate the back lawn from the farmland beyond

My handy cage trailer. This I really recommend.



After lunch (a yummy sandwich made from home made wholemeal bread and sliced meatloaf from last nights dinner) I headed into town to buy a new knee support:





I bought a simple exercise bike off the local Neighbourly website which I picked up on the way to town:



I suspect that I'll have to buy something more serious if I persevere with this as the orthopaedic surgeon advised.

Luckily he said that I can play golf and tennis if I'm careful. He's an advocate of healthy exercise. I'll go to tennis on Tuesday and Thursday if the weather remains nice:

Our local tennis 'club' where oldies like me and even olderies play twice a week



I've got some community work to do next week as well but with luck I'll get some golf in which I'm looking forward to.
It's just after 5pm now and it's still lovely outside with soft golden light in the trees but at this time of year, when the sun finally goes down it'll get dark really quickly.
I've opened a nice chardonnay (Babich 2016 Hawkes Bay) which I'm enjoying and will finish later with the remains of the falafel ingredients from Friday night.

I hope that you all have had a nice Sunday as well.




1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Last night's dinner." Just a small mistake in a post that I'll never need to read again. Yawn.